Pages










Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Samantha Tajik The winner Miss Universe Canada 2008

Miss Universe Canada 2008



Toronto , Samantha Tajik was crowned the 57th annual Miss Universe Canada last night, April 28th 2008.

An ecstatic Tajik, 25, outshone more than 60 delegates from across the country to capture the crown before hundreds of black-tie supporters at the Winter Garden Theatre, on Yonge St.

"I want to thank my family and friends for all their support," she said. "I look forward to the Miss Universe pageant in Vietnam."

Outgoing Miss Universe Canada 2007, Toronto's Inga Skaya, 22, said, "It's been a life-altering experience for me."

Tajik will represent Canada at the July 14 Miss Universe 2008 pageant in Vietnam, and has won the use of a car for a year, jewellery and trips.

Miss Canada Universe 2008 contestant

Miss Canada Universe 2008 contestant



Miss Universe Canada 2008
OFFICIAL RESULTS

  • Miss Universe Canada 2008 - Samantha Tajik
  • 1st Runner-up: Sahar Biniaz who recently represented Canada at the Miss Tourism Queen International pageant and was the 2nd runner-up
  • 2nd runner-up: Aleksandra Malkin
  • 3rd Runner-up: Lina Lombana
  • 4th Runner-up: Genida Prifti

    Top 10: (in alphabetical order)
  • Elena Semikina
  • Elena Tchemissova
  • Klaudia Olejnik
  • Stephanie Koo
  • Taryn Scerbo

    Top 20: (in alphabetical order)
  • Agnes Kim
  • Anastasia Marinina
  • Ania Bureacenco
  • Dayna Hajaly
  • Lateesha Ector
  • Lauren McKamey
  • Lyudmyla Tregubenko
  • Sahra Khoshnavazi
  • Valerie Welsh
  • Vanessa Drautz


  • Miss Congeniality: Aleksandra Malkin and Pauline Ranjbar (tie)
  • Miss Photogenic: Lina Lombana
  • 12 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    it should have been 2nd runner as miss canada then first runner as second and them samantha .. she is all plastic and gross.

    Anonymous said...

    I think she's gorgeous and so are the other girls.

    Anonymous said...

    I think Sahar B. should have been Miss Canada. She is really beautiful and has a great body, on top of her personal accomplishments. She is simply gorgeous and pleasant to look at; unlike Samantha who looks like she had a nose job done - wrong lady to represent Canada.

    videobloger said...

    yeah. is very beautiful. ciao from romania.

    Shahriyar said...

    Is she Iranian? Her surname, "Tajik".... There is a country called Tajikistan and the people of this country call theirselves Tajik....

    Anonymous said...

    I went to the show (Saturday night) and saw these girls up close. A lot of the ladies had AMAZING bodies; fit and HEALTHY! I think it is important that women, such as Miss Canada, represent healthy figures and not anorexia. The media has been portraying that being SKINNY is it! It's not. I have to say I'm a little disgusted!
    In addition, it was kind of obvious from the very beginning who the winner was going to be. We didnt even hear the girls speak or express themselves. I think MISS UNIVERSE CANADA needs to reorganize how they select the winners. Or should I say PRE-select.
    I can't even say if I agree who they chose as a winner. She has a lovely face but can she really represent my country and gender?

    Cheers!

    Sincerely disappointed

    Anonymous said...

    We have yet to see a woman of color represent Canada...

    Anonymous said...

    I was in the competition in 2007 in Montreal and I know that they do indeed 'pre' select the girls-- they try not to make it obvious to the competitors but it is. I personally spent over $10,000 in registration, wardrobe, etc. to compete and I did get a lot out of it. However I did meet both Samantha and Inga last year I no way did I think (at first) that either of them would be top contenders in the competition in either year.

    There were a lot of different girls of various ethnicities at the competition-- do you mean that we have not had a black girl win when you say 'women of color'? I think that is the least of our worries when it comes to this pageant!! Why don't we start with getting a winner OUTSIDE of Ontario?! Maybe go for someone from BC or Alberta or even Quebec?? In Canada it should not matter what your skin color is, it should matter if you are the whole package. If we went and chose a winner based primarily on color only (and I mean in favor of a 'woman of color') we would be just as prejudiced towards all the other competitors who may be more suited to win because they have the whole package- not just looks, brains or a contrasting ethnic background. This pageant LOVES to choose girls who come from other backgrounds other than the standard 'white' girl. I know this because Inga has a fairly thick Russian accent as did Natalie when I met her (who is an amazing individual by the way- I admire her so much). And Samantha is Iranian. I did not think she should have won because she will not do well in the International competition- too fake-- but she was different from the stereotype of blue eyes and blonde hair.

    I could go on and on about this competition and say man good and bad things about it, but bottom line is, I made the most of it and am not sorry I chose to focus a year of my life to compete in it. And I hope others can walk away from it learning and growing as much as I have from it all. And Beauties of Canada definitely needs to give their heads a shake and realize that a Natalie Glebova comes along once in a millions years-- and Alice Panikian is also a gem and although they got it right twice, they need a new angle now. They need to give the beautiful and intelligent women of Canada a FAIR and REAL chance to be our country's representative on the world stage-- and just maybe, once again, our country will find themselves with another truely deserving Miss Universe title.

    Anonymous said...

    'Miss Canada'? Doubt Persia or any Middle East Country would elect a 'white' beauty as their Miss Persia, Egypt, or the like.

    Canada STOP selling yourself OUT!!!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    reminds me of janice dickinson, she's pweetty i like it :D

    Anonymous said...

    NOTHING SPECIAL, TOO MUCH MAKE UP...LOOKS OLD FOR HER AGE, NEEDS TO WORK ON HER BODY...SHE WONT MAKE IT TO THE TOP 15

    Anonymous said...

    MY TOP 3, 5, 10 & 15 LIST

    WINNER IS BETWEEN MEXICO & CROATIA

    1. MEXICO 21 YRS. 183CM
    2. CROATIA 24 YRS. 175CM
    3. SPAIN 22 YRS. 180CM

    4. AUSTRALIA 21 YRS. 180CM
    5. VENEZUELA 22YRS. 178CM

    6. PUERTO RICO 24 YRS. 175CM
    7. BRAZIL 22 YRS. 180CM
    8. CZECH REPUBLIC 18 YRS. 175CM
    9. MONTENEGRO 19 YRS. 178CM
    10. PERU 18 YRS. 183CM

    11. BELGIUM 21 YRS. 175CM
    12. NEW ZEALAND 21 YRS. 178CM
    13. SOUTH AFRICA 23 YRS. 175CM
    14. COLOMBIA 20 YRS. 175CM
    15. USA 26 YRS. 175CM


    I WOUDLNT BE SUPRISE TO SEE IN THE TOP 15
    ALTHOUGH NON-DESERVED

    INDIA 22 YRS. 175CM
    JAPAN 21 YRS. 172CM
    VIET NAM 20 YRS. 172CM

    MY RANKS WILL CHANGE AS WE SEE MORE
    OF EACH CONTESTANT.