Miss Universe New Zealand 2009 beauty pageant was held on Saturday, 25th of April in Levin. A beautiful 22 year-old Katie Taylor, Miss Southern First National, was crowned Miss Universe New Zealand 2009.
The beauty queen 2009 will represent her country in Miss Universe 2009 beauty pageant at the Atlantis Paradise Island, in Nassau, Bahamas on August 23, 2009.
It's official! 15 charming contestants competed for the title of Miss Universe New Zealand 2009.
Miss Universe New Zealand 2009 Completed Results
* Miss Universe New Zealand 2009: Katie Taylor, 22 year-old, 5'9"
* The 1st runner-up: Priyani Puketapu, 18 year-old, 5'7"
* The 2nd runner-up: Anthea Stembridge, 19 year-old, 5'10"
Video: Miss New Zealand Universe 2009 Contestants
Miss Universe New Zealand 2009 Contestants
01. ANTHEA STEMBRIDGE (Miss Ultimate Transport Solutions)
- Anthea is 19 years old, her height is 5'10 and she is a student at AUT studying a Bachelor of Communications. Her interests include dancing, fitness, travel and martial arts. Anthea's ambition is to own her own public relations business and to gain her black belt in martial arts.
02. KATIE TAYLOR (Miss Southern First National)
- Katie is 22 years old, her height is 5'9 and she graduated from University of Auckland with a Bachelor of Property. Katie now works as a construction project manager. Her interests include flying, reading, cooking and travel. Katie's ambition is to present a TV series on the importance of sustainable "green" housing and buildings.
03. GINA BEAZLEY (Miss Company Branding Shop)
- Gina is 18 years old, her height is 5'9 and she is a student at University of Auckland studying a Bachelor of Events Management and Marketing. She enjoys skiing, tennis, fitness and she aspires to being a positive influential role model within the health and beauty industry.
04. MARIA LUBOMUDROV (Miss Digital Mobile)
- Maria is 21 years old, her height is 5'8 and she is studying in Wellington. Her interests are acting, dancing, theatre, film production and script writing. Maria's ambition is to have a professional acting career.
05. KATE HOCKLY (Miss Tuscany Road)
- Kate is 21 years old, her height is 5'8 and she is a postgraudate psychology student and also works as a freelance marketing and events coordinator. Kate enjoys yoga, painting, cooking and adventurous travel. Her ambition is to become a psychologist specializing in women's issues and to further involve herself in charitable community work.
06. ROSIE DE MALMANCHE (Miss Queenstown)
- Rosie is 21 years old, her height is 5'8 and she is a horse trek guide. She also works part-time in hospitality at Glenorchy Hotel. She enjoys horse riding and travel. Her ambition is to become a Veterinarian specializing in equine.
07. LEAH-ANNE RIDDING (Miss Mainland Press)
- Leah-Anne is 23 years old, her height is 5'7 and she is a Bachelor of Design graduate. She is currently working at Mainland Press as a graphic designer. Her interests include photography, NZ music, sport and spending quality time with family and friends. Her ambition is to own her own design studio where she can share her passion for the arts with the community. She is also an active volunteer for the child cancer foundation in Christchurch.
08. PRIYANI PUKETAPU (Miss Horowhenua)
- Priyani is 18 years old, her height is 5'7 and she works for the Alliance group in Levin. Priyani's interests include performing arts, dancing, choreography and modeling. Her ambition is to gain a degree in law and to work with international and human rights organisations.
09. KIRSTY PRITCHARD (Miss Konev Leather)
- Kirsty is 23 years old, her height is 5'7 and she's a sales manager for Konev Leather. Her interests include the culinary arts, travel, dance, fashion, history and natural world. Her ambition is to become an ambassador for New Zealand as a travel destination promoting our clean green country and quality products, also to be involved with animal protection and rehabilitation.
10. AYVA HAYDEN (Miss Caring for Cambodia)
- Ayva is 23 years old, her height is 5'7 and she works as a wine advisor for New Zealand wine cellars. Ayva enjoys travel, bikram yoga, health and beauty. Her ambition is to complete her degree in psychology and politics. She plans to work in Cambodia and continue her role as a spokesperson for charity.
11. ALISHA FOX (Miss Fox & Ferret)
- Alisha is 21 years old, her height is 5'8" and she is studying at Caterbury University. Her interests are fashion, dancing, music, writing, reading, cooking and motor sport. Her ambition is to finish her degree in commerce and work as a share broker whilst still continuing her community involvement.
12. SAMANTHA ELVY (Miss Manawatu)
- Samantha is 22 years old, her height is 5'7" and she is a hairdresser. Samantha enjoys travel, keeping fit, volunteer work, fashion and beauty. Her ambition is to pursue a career in hair, makeup and fashion, in particular working behind the scenes at fashion weeks all over the world.
13. JANET PUDNEY (Miss Horowhenua Motors)
- Janet is 26 years old, her height is 5'7 and is a preschool teaher. Her interests include motor sport, snowboarding, rugby, acting and modeling. She aspires to be a positive role model to young women.
14. AMANDA GATFIELD (Miss Retro Bar)
- Amanda is 21 years old, her height is 5'6 and she works as a sales consultant. Her interests are dancing, music, drama, arts and sports. She aspires to excel in everything she sets out to do and to travel and experience life in many different countries.
15. CATHRINE MITCHELL (Miss Taupo)
- Cathrine is 21 years old, her height is 5'5 and she is studying a Diploma of Fashion Technology at the Waiariki Institue of Technology. She is planning to finish a Bachelor of Fashion Styling and Footwear Design at Instituto di Moda Burgo, Milan, Italy. Her interests include fashion, health, environmental preservation and traveling. She is a volunteer for the SPCA. She aspires to have her own sustainable fashion design label and wishes to further her passion for animal rights within the SPCA.
RELATED BEAUTY PAGEANT CONTEST
- List of Beauty Pageants
- Upcoming Beauty Queens
- Miss New Zealand International 2008
- Miss World New Zealand 2008
- Miss World New Zealand 2008 contestants
- Miss Universe New Zealand 2008, Samantha Powell
- Miss World 2009 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss World 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2009 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss International 2009 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss International 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Earth 2009 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Earth 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Earth 2007 ( Winner )