Miss Universe 2009, the 58th Miss Universe beauty pageant, will be held at the Atlantis Paradise Island, in Nassau, Bahamas on August 23, 2009. Dayana Mendoza, from Venezuela, winner of Miss Universe 2008, will crown her successor in the event.
AGE: 22 | HEIGHT: 5'9" | HOMETOWN: CALGARY, AB
Adwoa was born in Ghana, Accra and moved to Canada at one year old. She believes that life not lived fully, is life wasted. Formerly Adwoa had been a cheerleader for the Calgary Stampeders. This enabled her to pursue dance and teach at one of the most prestigious dance schools in western Alberta; Elite Dance Academy.
Adwoa is a Marketing Manager graduate and hopes to one day open her own integrative marketing company. Currently while still teaching, Adwoa is working for a local radio station pursuing promotions and marketing.
Adwoa believes in giving back to the community and she is currently working with The Heart and Stroke Foundation, Run For a Cure and The Humane Society to name a few.
Video: Interview Adwoa Yamoah - Miss Universe Canada 2009 Contestant
meet: other contestants
RELATED BEAUTY PAGEANTS PHOTOGRAPHY
- List of Beauty Pageants
- Upcoming Beauty Queens
- Miss Universe Canada 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2007 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2009 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2008 ( Winner )
- Miss World 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss World 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )