Miss Universe 2009, the 58th Miss Universe beauty pageant, will be held at the Atlantis Paradise Island, in Nassau, Bahamas on August 23, 2009. Dayana Mendoza, from Venezuela, winner of Miss Universe 2008, will crown her successor in the event.
AGE: 23 | HEIGHT: 5'6" | HOMETOWN: GATINEAU, QC
Born and raised in Aylmer, Quebec, she enjoys a great family life with her parents and younger brother and she is grateful to them for making her what she is today. Julie has many friends and is always ready to help out whatever the need is.
Julie is attending the University of Quebec and is in her last year of studying Business Administration, majoring in Marketing. She is very involved in the student activities and she has participated in many academic competitions.
In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading, snowboarding and most of all dancing. She started dancing at the age of 3 years old in classical ballet and has now studied jazz, ballroom and belly dance. Her experience has led her to teach dance to small children in elementary schools in her hometown.
Her main ambition would be to help children with self-esteem and bullying problems, having experienced these difficult issues herself.
Video: Interview Julie Gauthier - Miss Universe Canada 2009 Contestant
meet: other contestants
RELATED BEAUTY PAGEANTS PHOTOGRAPHY
- List of Beauty Pageants
- Upcoming Beauty Queens
- Miss Universe Canada 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2007 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2009 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2008 ( Winner )
- Miss World 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss World 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )