Miss Universe 2009, the 58th Miss Universe beauty pageant, will be held at the Atlantis Paradise Island, in Nassau, Bahamas on August 23, 2009. Dayana Mendoza, from Venezuela, winner of Miss Universe 2008, will crown her successor in the event.
AGE: 24 | HEIGHT: 5'11" | HOMETOWN: NORTH YORK, ON
Kara-Jean Otuomagie was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta and embraces her multicultural Nigerian-British-Irish heritage and is proud to be Canadian.
At the age of 24, she has completed her Bachelor of Science degree and is currently pursuing her Doctor of Chiropractic professional designation in Toronto, Ontario. With definitive goals in opening her own health and wellness center, Kara looks forward to providing a means of preventative health care to the people in her community.
In her spare time, Kara enjoys swimming, playing basketball, and reading. She has studied piano at the Royal Conservatory of Music Canada, receiving First Class Honours and teaches piano to anyone that is willing to learn. Kara enjoys spending time with her family and friends, as she believes that along with determination, drive and goal setting, family and friends are the backbone to achievements and success.
Video: Interview Kara-Jean Otuomagie - Miss Universe Canada 2009 Contestant
meet: other contestants
RELATED BEAUTY PAGEANTS PHOTOGRAPHY
- List of Beauty Pageants
- Upcoming Beauty Queens
- Miss Universe Canada 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2007 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2009 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2008 ( Winner )
- Miss World 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss World 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )