Miss Universe 2009, the 58th Miss Universe beauty pageant, will be held at the Atlantis Paradise Island, in Nassau, Bahamas on August 23, 2009. Dayana Mendoza, from Venezuela, winner of Miss Universe 2008, will crown her successor in the event.
AGE: 21 | HEIGHT: 5'8" | HOMETOWN: EDMONTON, AB
Sameet Gill was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta. She is a passionate and ambitious young woman of East Indian descent aspiring to become a doctor.
Sameet is the vice president of a non-profit organization called Circle K International. This year she has helped coordinate numerous fundraisers including the Bissell Centre Gift wrap, which raised $6500 for the homeless shelter and a carwash for the Cross Cancer Institute that raised $1300.
She is in her fourth year at the University of Alberta where she is majoring in chemistry. She is enlisted on the dean’s honour roll at the University of Alberta.
Her hobbies include volunteering, hanging out with her mom and running. Sameet hopes to one day become an international ambassador for Canada and work to create solutions to global problems like hunger, disease and poverty.
Video: Interview Sameet Gill - Miss Universe Canada 2009 Contestant
meet: other contestants
RELATED BEAUTY PAGEANTS PHOTOGRAPHY
- List of Beauty Pageants
- Upcoming Beauty Queens
- Miss Universe Canada 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2007 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2009 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2008 ( Winner )
- Miss World 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss World 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )