Rachel Christie ,Linford Christie's niece,
The First black Miss England
LONDON, July 21 – An Olympic hopeful, dreaming of competing in the London 2012 Games, was crowned Miss England 2009, the first black Miss England.
The 20 year old Rachel Christie who from Kensington, West London and is the niece of former Olympic sprint champ Linford Christie. She will represent the UK in heptathlon at the 2012 Olympics, triumphed despite being injured in a car crash last Friday. She suffered whiplash and bruising and spent the night in hospital but recovered to scoop the beauty title.
Rachel Christie told organisers: "My ambition in life is to win gold in the 2012 Olympics. I want to be successful in whatever I choose to do in life."
Sadly Rachel could not attend the Miss World final whilst on bail. 3 months later the charges for assault were dropped.
The first runner up in Miss England 2009 Katrina Hodge was then invited by Miss World to represent England in South Africa.
Video: Crowning moment of Miss England 2009, Rachel Christie
Miss World 2008, Ksenia Sukhinova. and Miss England 2009, Rachel Christie
Checkout more Rachel Christie photography HERE
RELATED BEAUTY PAGEANT CONTEST
- List of Beauty Pageants
- Upcoming Beauty Queens
- Miss England 2009 ( Winner )
- Miss England 2008 ( Winner / Semi-Finalists )
- Miss World 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss World 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss International 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss International 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Earth 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Earth 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )