TORONTO: Mariana Valente, a modeling 23 year-old of Richmond Hill, was crowned Miss Universe Canada 2009 during an the annual pageant held on 16th May at The Metro Toronto Convention Centre's John Bassett Theatre in Toronto.
The new beauty queen, who 1.75 m tall and student of languages, will represent Canada at the Miss Universe pageant.
Miss Universe 2009, the 58th Miss Universe beauty pageant, will be held at the Atlantis Paradise Island, in Nassau, Bahamas on August 23, 2009. Dayana Mendoza, from Venezuela, winner of Miss Universe 2008, will crown her successor in the event.
Mariana has also experience with pageants and modeling as she competed for the title of Miss Brazil Canada in 2005, she won the title of Miss Latina Canada 2007.
Miss Universe Canada 2009 Completed Results
* Winner: Mariana Valente
* 1st Runner Up: Ylenia Aurucci
* 2nd Runner Up: Ksenia Mezenina
* 3rd Runner Up: Neda Derakhshan
* 4th Runner Up: Isabelle Grastin
* People's Choice - TingJia Rosalinda Lorigiano
* Best Body (Chio Swimwear Award) - Cristina Heslenfeld
* Miss Elegance - Chanel Beckenlehner
* Audience Favorite - Chanel Beckenlehner
* Best Runway Model - Xiao Sun
RELATED BEAUTY PAGEANTS PHOTOGRAPHY
- List of Beauty Pageants
- Upcoming Beauty Queens
- Miss Universe Canada 2009 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe Canada 2007 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2009 ( Winner )
- Miss World Canada 2008 ( Winner )
- Miss World 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss World 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )