KUALA LUMPUR: Newly-crowned Cute model 21 year-old JoannaBelle Ng Li Vun (C) was crowned Miss Malaysia Universe 2009 during the final pageant held at Royale Chulan in the capital city of Kuala Lumpur May 30, 2009.
Crownd favourite, Cassandra Patrick (L), was justed first runner-up. While Claudia Tania Sibert (R) was second runner-up.
The 2009 beauty queen JoannaBelle who hails from Kota Kinabalu in the Malaysian state of Sabah. She is of Chinese-Indian ancestry and will compete in 2009 Miss Universe Pageant.
Miss Universe 2009 , the 58th Beauty Universe Pageant, will be held at the Atlantis Paradise Island, in Nassau, Bahamas on August 23, 2009. Dayana Mendoza , from Venezuela, winner of Miss Universe 2008 , will crown her successor in the event.
Eighteen Malaysian women competed in this year's Miss Universe Malaysia contest. The event showcases the unrelentless efforts by the organizers to raise the standards of Miss Malaysia contest. They invited Natalie Glebova, Miss Universe 2005 as one of the judges. Also former beauty queens to the contest and allowed them to share their experiences to the contestants.
Courtesy : REUTERS/Syahrin Aziz / EPA / STR
RELATED BEAUTY INTERNATIONAL PAGEANTS
- List of Beauty Pageants
- Upcoming Beauty Queens
- Miss Malaysia Universe 2009 ( Winner / Finalists )
- Miss Malaysia World 2008 ( Winner )
- Miss World 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss World 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Universe 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss International 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss International 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )
- Miss Earth 2009 ( Contestants )
- Miss Earth 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )