Suriname or Surinam (pronounced /ˈsʊɹɪnɑm/ ( listen), Dutch: Suriname; Sarnami: शर्नम् Sarnam, Sranan Tongo: Sranangron or Sranankondre), officially the Republic of Suriname, is a country in northern South America.
Suriname is situated between French Guiana to the east and Guyana to the west. The southern border is shared with Brazil and the northern border is the Atlantic coast. The southernmost borders with French Guiana and Guyana are disputed along the Marowijne and Corantijn rivers, respectively; while a part of the disputed maritime boundary with Guyana was arbitrated by the United Nations Convention on Law of the Sea on September 20, 2007.
Suriname is the smallest sovereign state in terms of area in South America. The country is the only Dutch-speaking region in the world not a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands or Belgium and the only state outside Europe with Dutch as an official language (not counting South Africa and Namibia where the closely-related Afrikaans is used). The combined legacy of years of colonial occupation, immigration, and slavery has made Suriname one of the most multicultural societies in the world, with great ethnic, linguistic, and religious diversity.
Suriname Beauty Contest , National Pageant
* Miss Supranational Suriname 2012 - Periskia Laing (Results & Contestants)
* Miss Suriname 2011 - Stefanie Grace Gentle
* Miss Suriname 2010 - Jo-ann Damien Maria Jie Foeng Sang / Contestants )
* Miss Suriname 2009 - Zoureen Rijger , Represented in Miss World 2009
* Miss Suriname 2008 - Mireille Nederbiel was not allowed to compete in Miss World by the decision of pageant organizers
* Miss World Beauty Pageant
* Miss Universe Beauty Pageant