Miss International (Miss International Beauty or The International Beauty Pageant) is an annual international beauty pageant held since 1960.
It was created in Long Beach, California, USA in 1960 after the departure of the Miss Universe pageant to Miami Beach. Hosted in Long Beach until 1967, the pageant moved to Japan from 1968–1970, being hosted each year in the same city as the Expo '70. For 1971 and 1972, it was held in Long Beach again, but since that time it has been held annually in Japan.
Also called "Miss International Beauty", this pageant is not based on looks alone. Contestants are expected to serve as "Ambassadors of Peace and Beauty", showing tenderness, benevolence, friendship, beauty, intelligence, ability to take action, and, most importantly, a great international sensibility. The ultimate goal of the Miss International beauty pageant is to promote world peace, goodwill, and understanding.
* Miss International Hall of Fame ( Past Winners )
* Road to Miss International 2011
* Miss International 2010 ( Coverage / Winner - Elizabeth Mosquera / Candidates )
* Miss International 2009 ( Winner / Contestants )
* Miss International 2008 ( Winner / Contestants )